Did you know ?
- The Shofar is the musical instrument most frequently mentioned in the Bible – 72 times!
- In Biblical times, the Shofar was used as an announcer to mark the beginning of the Shabbat, to call for public gatherings and assemblies, to declare a revolt, war, and victory and give warning, and of course, during festive occasions and the coronations of kings.
- The raw horn goes through 14 different stages before it becomes an elegant Shofar.
- According to Halacha, we are commanded to blow a ram’s horn to begin with. Only if no ram’s horn can be found, can we use horns of other animals, except for a cow.
- The Shofar must be whole and intact, without defects such as cracks and fractures. Any crack or fracture immediately disqualifies the Shofar, rendering it invalid for blowing in a synagogue.
- Most Shofars on the market today are non-kosher Shofars made in Morocco or China.
- To blow the Shofar, you don’t have to exert yourself physically or have strong lungs!
- A Shofar does not require cleaning or washing, just keep it in a cool, dry place.
- Washing or cleaning the Shofar will change its sound temporarily, until it is completely dry.
- Silver-plating or decorating the Shofar disqualifies it for use in the synagogue. However, you can still enjoy it as a decorative artefact at home.
- Each horn is unique and there isn’t one exactly like it in the whole world, not even its “twin horn”!
- Many different attributes determine the sound of the Shofar: the size and thickness of the horn, the size of the sound box, the length of the drill hole, and so forth.
- At Kol Shofar, we have developed a unique process that completely eliminates the bad smell of the horn.
- At Kol Shofar, we carefully examine each and every horn, to make sure it does not have the slightest defect that may disqualify it.
- At Kol Shofar, we maintain a high level of service and respond attentively to each customer.
Have a question ?
Array ( [post_type] => Array (  => product  => product_variation ) [post_status] => publish [ignore_sticky_posts] => 1 [no_found_rows] => 1 [orderby] => date ID [order] => DESC [meta_query] => Array ( ) [tax_query] => Array (  => Array ( [taxonomy] => product_visibility [field] => term_taxonomy_id [terms] => Array (  => 7 ) [operator] => NOT IN ) ) [posts_per_page] => 4 [post_parent__not_in] => Array (  => 1909 ) )